Saturday, September 19, 2009

Olivia

I'm not convinced my dog loves me.

Surely if she loved me, she'd understand how tired I am. She'd understand that the furious barking at the Cat Party going on in our backyard in the middle of the night is going to wake me up from the sleep I so desperately need. She'd understand that no matter how heinous the infractions by the neighborhood cats, I. Want. To. Sleep.

I don't need protection from the 20 pound behemoth Persian fluff ball that is taunting her from the top of the fence. I. Need. Sleep.

Cuddling and keeping me warm, bouncing around like a wind-up toy every time she sees me, smiling so big that her tongue won't stay in her mouth just because I'm spending time with her, following my every move with her eyes, these are things that show me she loves me.

Blood-curdling barking that jolts me from a sound sleep....

Not so much.

1 comment:

  1. Olivia loves you and wants to protect you with all of her little doggie might. Hence the early warning alarm she sounds when the evil cats get into her space. She's just doing her job. Aw olivia!

    ReplyDelete