Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lose yourself in other worlds, do good in this one


Have you ever felt so passionately about something that you wanted to shout it out for all the world to hear?

Well, that's how I feel right now.

Author Mark L. Van Name is taking a bold step. He's donating every cent that he receives (including the advance) from the sale of copies of the Children No More hardcover to Falling Whistles to help rehabilitate and reintegrate child soldiers.

This excites me.

This is the fourth book in the Jon and Lobo series. I came to these books late. I started reading them just before the third book came out and I ended up reading them out of order as quickly as I could get my hands on them. They were that good.

I'm not normally a fan of Military Science Fiction, which is what the books have been sold as. I am, however, a huge fan of Science Fiction, adventure stories, and mysteries; which, in my mind, these books bear a closer resemblance to. They are wonderful books individually and as a group.

For me, Children No More is the most emotional powerful of all four books. It touched me deeply. Mark is an excellent writer. I couldn't put it down. I stayed up all night reading it.

If you haven't read any of his other books, don't let that stop you from buying this one. Children No More stands on its own.

Visit his site. See what the book and the charity are all about.

http://www.childrennomore.com/

3 comments: